Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 68 - Slippery to nice

The sun was beaming when I woke up today and the temps were to go above freezing. I arrived at the mountain around 9 a.m. to run with a group of other runners. After the ice yesterday and other plans that other runners had for the day it was only Dan and I. We tried to get up the mountain but it was too icy. I changed shoes and we went out for a nice 8 mile road run. After the run we went back to a friend’s house for lunch.

Around 3 I went back up to the mountain to see what the conditions were like after the temps went over 40. The ice started to soften up a little and it was very nice running. No solid ice as long as I stayed on the trail. There was some ice hanging onto the trees. On my way back down the road hill the sun was reflecting off of the fields making the reflection look like a big lake. It looks like some more cold and a little snow is on the way again.



The Appalachian Trail

The chunks of ice at the top on the AT


Pulpit Rock road hill

Pulpit Rock road hill


2-6-2011 -  8 miles - 1:10 - run
2-6-2011 -  4 miles - 1.00 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment