Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 72 - Cold

It was very sunny, windy and cold on my walk today. I wore my NB101’s today on my walk and my feet were freezing. Of all days I pick today to wear them. I finally paid my entry fee for Bull Run 50 today. That wasn’t the plan to run that event but now that I signed up and paid I am ready for that fun weekend trip. I think I am more excited to see some of the first time runners from our club finish then I am to run the event.

Tonight I left for my run around 8:20 p.m. One thing when you leave for a road run at that time the roads are less traveled. There is still a lot of ice along the roads which makes it a little harder to run at night. The temp was around 18°F and there was some wind. As long as you keep moving you don’t get cold. I did try to change a song on the mp3 player and my fingers were exposed to long to the cold. Then I had to try and warm my fingers up. That is always fun trying to get feeling back in your fingers half way into your run. In the last 5 days I ran 10 miles or more each day and I am starting to feel it. Most of these miles were road miles. I think I found my breaking point on roads. I need to get on the trails this weekend.

2-10-2011 - 3 miles - 39:05 - walk
2-10-2011 - 10 miles - 1:23 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment