Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 69 - Are you alright buddy?


On my walk today the temperature was around 38°. After the first quarter mile it really warmed up. I was walking with no gloves, no winter hat or no jacket for the first time in a long time and it felt great. A truck slowed down and some kid yelled “Are you alright buddy?” I just nodded and he drove off. I thought it was nice of him to ask. When people around here see people walking I guess they think your car broke down and exercise is unheard of to them.

I left the house around 6 for a road run. 10 miles was the distance I was trying to hit tonight. It was still very warm out with very little wind. Half way through it started to rain. I looked at my watch on my way back home and I thought it read 9.85 miles and I finished in my drive way to finish with 10 miles - so I thought. It didn’t feel like 10 it felt short. When I got inside I sat down and looked at my watch again and the calories I burned was 1000 not 10 miles. I only ran 9.15 miles. So I hopped on the treadmill and finished my run. Not what I was planning on doing but I really wanted to hit 10 miles.

2-7-2011 - 3 miles - 37:42 - walk
2-7-2011 - 10 miles - 1:25 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment