Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 15 - Peaceful night time run

Another lovely day of off and on snow showers. Lunch time walks are really hitting the spot lately. You can go out and clear you head. My legs are feeling good right now and the fast walks are getting better. The headwinds are always a challenge on the way back. The purchase of the Under Armour Tactical HeatGear Hood to keep the cold out is really paying off.
The way back on my walk at work
Tonight I was running by 6. Night time runs in the mountains are so peaceful.  When the snow is down it lights up the mountain and you can see things you usually can't see in the dark. Full moon on the 21st should be great if there is snow around.  A little road section and into the mountains I headed. I made it up to Pulpit Rock and looked around and could not believe no one else was up there - just kidding! Not to many people make there way up there on a dark cold windy night. Last year I hiked up on New Years to see if anyone was shooting fireworks off. I heard noises but didn't see any fireworks. After the mountains I was on the road again for about 5 1/2 miles and headed back home. Finished with a nice 10 mile run.

The rock in the back reminds me of the altitude profile at the MMT 100

Below is the altitude profile of the MMT 100 course. (Pic below is from the vhtrc.com website)



Below is a little video of the view from Pulpit Rock at night.



12-15-2010 - 2.8 miles - 36:15 - walk
12-15-2010 - 10 miles - 1:34 - run - 1,000 ft. elevation


No comments:

Post a Comment