Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 14 - Chilllllly out

Everyone keeps talking about how cold it is right now in PA. But I keep reading about how cold some parts of Canada are right now -20°F. Now that is cold. 24°F in PA is cold but I have a race planned and I can't make excuses and let the weather determine my training. Cover your head, put some gloves on, get out in the world and get moving. That is what I was telling myself to do. When I know bad weather is is in the forcast I want to go out, see how bad it is and test myself.


I went out for my fast walk at lunch and it was cold. The wind was blowing and some snow was falling.  What more can you ask for than to be out in the elements waking up you senses. The feeling you get after you finish (when you get feeling back) is amazing.


On my way home tonight I was greeted with some more snow. It was only a dusting and the sidewalks and driveways were covered.  I could also see the mountains had a little coating. Later the family and I went to a Christmas program at the school at 6:30. Got home around 8 and I was out the door running in the 20° weather by 8:30 p.m. It would of been so easy to just stay home and relax but not tonight.  I started at a comfortable pace which turned into a faster pace then I was expecting tonight. After feeling really good the whole run I decided to pushed the last mile. Finishing the last mile in 6:56 felt great and my legs are going to be tired tomorrow.


Here is a great video to watch when you need a little motivation UltraRunning Video. After watching this video I want to go run!




12-14-2010 - 2.8 miles - 37:04 - walk
12-14-2010 - 7 miles - 50:20 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment