Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 82 - Tired legs

Today I was trying for 20 slow miles with one long run. I left around 12:00 p.m. and headed to the mountain. The route was the same as the last couple of days - up to Pulpit Rock, out to the Pinnacle and back to the road to add some more miles. It’s was a good route to test myself on with all the rocks and with tired legs. After doing a lot of road running with a flat surface I have to get use to lifting my legs over rocks again. A lot more hikers today then in past few weekends. They are also getting the itch to get back on the trail. The views were really clear and the trails were still a little icy at places. Once I hit the road and made the turn on Mountain road I was at 11 miles. That is where the legs said they didn’t want to go anymore. My pace slowed close to a 10 min. mile on a gradual downhill. I fought through the discomfort for the next 7 miles. I hit my driveway and my watch said 17.87. I went in and changed into my road shoes and started to leave when the rest family pulled in the driveway returning from a movie party. That meant my running was done for the day. I finished with 17.87 miles and just over fifty miles of running in the last 3 days. Life is good!

2-20-2011 - 17.87 miles - 3:21 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment