Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 57 - Snow pelting

By the time I went out for my walk the first batch of snow was mostly melted on the road. My legs felt a little slow at the start but felt better after a couple minutes. The walk felt rushed today because the little ones had a half day of school. As soon as I was finished with my walk I was off to pick them up at school and back to work with me to finish my day.

I was out the door tonight around 5 and drove over to the mountain. I ran straight up the road hill to the top tonight. Hitting my first mile in 14:28. That sounds funny after running my first mile last night in 6:34 but the snow covered Pulpit Rock road hill will do that to your time. Running up the road I was hoping to get there for a couple pics at Pulpit Rock before it was to dark and I just made it. It was very windy with snow falling. I snapped a couple of shots and I was on my way. Down the AT I ran back to the car. It is so cool running in the middle of the woods in the dark and snowing. The route was only 4 miles so after I drove home I decided to go run through town. Tonight was also a night you had to run with your eyes almost closed do to the snow pelting you in the eyes the whole time. The snow made it so bright everywhere. There were very few people out driving which made it like I had the whole town to myself. I could really feel my energy level was low and my legs were really sore from my run last night. Keep moving forward is what I kept telling myself.

1-26-2011 - 3 miles - 37:50 - walk
1-26-2011 - 11 miles - 1:58 - run (4 mile trail/7 mile road)


The snowy view from Pulpit Rock

The snowy view from Pulpit Rock

The snowy view from Pulpit Rock

The snowy view from Pulpit Rock



No comments:

Post a Comment