Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 40 - Slow and steady

Went out to get salt for the big storm arriving on Tuesday/Wednesday. I guess we will see if it really happens. I know I hope we get hammered with snow at least in the mountains and not on the roads.

My legs feel pretty good today. Not to sore just tired. The days after and event like yesterday it is just nice to get out and move forward. I left the house around 12:30 p.m. and went right for the mountains. There is a couple of inches up there with very little ice. There were quite a few hikers out today and I saw some friends going for a hike with their dogs. They were trying to get in a quick hike before the Eagles game. I was searching for a trail with no foot prints on and I found one. The blue trail down to the campground had only animal tracks. My legs were feeling very tired once I hit the 1.25 mile climb up from the Blue Rocks campground to the top. I did a lot of hiking on that section. On the way down the Pulpit Rock road hill I opened it up a little and had some fun fast down hill running in the snow. Once I hit the macadam road section my legs felt like Jello and fell into a very slow pace. I just kept moving and could not wait to stop. A couple more days of easy running and I should be back to where I was.


The view from the Blue Rocks Campground

The view from the Blue Rocks Campground

Looking towards the back of the Pinnacle on the left

The view from Pulpit Rock

The view from Pulpit Rock

The view from Pulpit Rock
1-9-2011 - 11 miles - 2:30 - run/some hiking

No comments:

Post a Comment