Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 34 - Feeling a little better

I woke up today feeling a little better. I still have the nose thing going on and I will leave it at that. I checked the temps before I went for my walk and it said 32º F and feels like 24º F. It sure felt like 24º F with the wind in my face for about 15 min. It was great to be back walking at lunch. I kind of missed it after being away last week.

It was a lot easier leaving for my run tonight at 6:30. I feel like I am getting some energy back and that is a good thing. The weather was perfect for running tonight. The route was all on road and it was fun to be back running on one of my regular courses. I had the headphones on tonight and was listening to some old nostalgia radio stations for about 6 miles then I need to play some faster music. Then Kickstart my Heart came on by Motley Crue and I just took off running. It was like my legs had a mind of their own and I just held on. The next song slowed a little and I was back to my regular pace for the rest of the run. Those quick burst of fast running to a great song are some much fun.


Below is a picture of one of my favorite quick meals I make after some longer runs. You can use any ingredients you like. Sometimes I will add black beans, fresh tomatoes or avocados. Avocados are added after baking.



1-3-2011 - 2.8 miles - 36:59 - walk
1-3-2011 - 10.50 miles - 1:26 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment