Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 33 - One of those days

Today was one of those days I didn’t want to get out of bed. My throat was very sore and my nose was stuffy. It’s been a while since I had a cold and I guess it is my turn:( One thing I did notice over the years of running my colds don't last as long compared to when I didn't run. I waited until the afternoon to go out for a run. It was not going well I felt cold and I didn’t want to go. I thought I should at least get my running clothes on and see how I feel. Once the clothes were on I started to warm up and felt a little better. I headed out the door around 3 wearing my New Balance 101's. I only wore them on one run and my legs got pretty beat up on the roads. Today I was going up to run in the mountain to see how they stick on the rocks. Being a very minimalist shoe your feet really feel naked in them especially on the rocks. They stuck pretty well on the rocks but I won’t be using them all the time. I can only imagine how you foot will feel when you kick a rock on the front, side or a stick tries to go through the side - not good. Lucky for me I didn’t do that today. With the amount of rock running I do I can't risk running with very little protection on my feet. Now it is off to rest.


1-2-2011 - 8 miles - 1:25 - run



No comments:

Post a Comment