Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 9 - Head games

Today I woke up and my legs were very sore from last nights run.  It wasn't a fast run but I did wear different shoes. The shoes were the same model but older. Sometimes that can have and effect on your legs with that  little of a change. The fast 400 meters I sprinted all out didn't help either.

I did my walk again at lunch and that really helps to loosen up my legs. I really work on my fast walking because you have to know how to walk fast when you are in the longer races. It is something you can fall back on if you are having a bad spot in a race and have to walk. The hills go on forever in this race so you better now how to get up them running or fast walking. Not to much action on my walk today but I did get to take a small clip of the view I get to see everyday.


Getting out the door to run was tough tonight.  I have been playing head games with myself all afternoon since I got back from my walk. I really wanted to take off from running, relax and stay out of the cold. I was thinking that this would be my ninth day in a row of running it is alright to take the night off. Sometime getting out the door is the hardest part of the run. Finally at around 8:45 p.m. I pushed myself out the door and had a fun run.  The temp was around 21 and there wasn't any wind to deal with tonight. The sky look awesome being so clear and all the stars and some clouds. There were a lot of houses with fire places smoking away tonight. I actually smelled like smoke when I finished

12-9-2010 - 2.4 miles - 31:11 - fast walk
12-9-2010 - 8 miles - 1:04 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment