Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 114 - Spring ice

On my way home from work I could see that the top to the mountain was covered with ice. I knew right then that was where I was going to be heading. I left the house around 5:30 and I had no idea of how far I was going to run. Once I got closer to the top of the mountain it was going to be a short night. I brought the camera and stated to take pictures of all of the ice. It was like the other ice storm this year but without all of the snow on the ground. You could hear the ice falling and trees creaking. I was almost at the top and I looked over to the right and there were 3 deer looking at me. These are the same 3 deer that I have been seeing since the fall. I got some video of them but it wasn’t that clear. From there I went over to Pulpit Rock and there the ice was at some places and inch thick. Heading back down the road hill I ran into another 5 deer blocking the road until they saw me and took off running. I made it back home with 6.60 miles, ready to eat and ready for warmer weather!

3-24-2011 - 6.60 miles - 1:10 - run/hike



Click here for all spring ice photos.
The view from Pulpit Rock

Pulpit Rock

Hamburg Reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment