Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 108 - Hiking day

Today the weather was very warm and the sun was out. It seems like it has been so long since it has been warm and sunny. I drove up to the reservoir to do a hike. It usually is a good idea for me to hike or run very easy the day before a race. It was hazy but the sun did a good job of putting a smile on my face the entire hike. I used my hiking boots today just so I wouldn't run. They didn't stick to the rocks as good as my sneakers do but they were good enough for today. I packed two bottles, camera, extra shirt, phone and some gels in case I got hungry. 3 hours is all I had then I had to pick the little ones up at school. I wore my gps watch just to see what my pace was. I kept my pace right at a 15 min. mile  the whole hike so I was happy with that. It was a great day to be on the trail hiking and enjoying the sun! Now it is time to pack and get some sleep for the HAT run 50k in the morning.


3-18-2011 - 2:30 - 10 miles
The Pinnacle


Pulpit Rock


Pulpit Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment