Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 75 - Black vultures

Today I had to do some shopping before hitting the trail. I finally made it out around 1. My legs were feeling really good after yesterday’s hill fest. Roads were the plan today but I thought I would check out the trails first. It warmed up nice and the trails were great. A little slippery at some sports but no ice. So I decided to run up to Pulpit Rock and then the Pinnacle following the AT out and back. Passing only a few people I made it to the Pinnacle. I haven’t been up there since the ice came through. There were a lot of birds flying around and I got some pics. No real close ups at the Pinnacle but some nice silhouettes. Then when I made it back to Pulpit Rock I looked over and there were three black vultures standing on the rocks. Correct me if I am wrong but I think they are black vultures. This was the first time I ever saw them standing on the rocks right there. The one quickly flew away but the other two had not plans of flying off. I quickly snapped some pics in case they flew away. It is always best to take pics as fast as you can because you usually will miss the shot if you wait. I probably spent 10 min. within 15 feet of them. Taking more photos and some video. I wish I would have had my other camera to get some better close ups. Once on the road I was at 11 miles for the day and decided to go for 20. I headed down town and weaved my way around the streets and back home hitting 20. My legs could really feel it in the last two miles. Finally I finished a nice back to back long weekend of running.

2-13-2011 - 20 miles - 3:30 - run (9 trail/11 road)

Pinnacle


Pinnacle
Pulpit Rock - Black Vultures




Pulpit Rock - Black Vultures


Pulpit Rock - Black Vultures


Pulpit Rock - Black Vultures


Pulpit Rock - Black Vultures






No comments:

Post a Comment