Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 22 - Club run

No deer on my walk today but I had my camera ready. That is probably why I didn't see any. The picture below I snapped today on my walk with my cell phone. Then I tweaked it a little more then I normally do.  Not sure if I really like it. My legs are really feeling strong on my walks. Usually when I start up walking the first couple of weeks my shins get pretty sore from the fast pace. The hiking I did in October and November I think really helped make my legs get stronger than other years.


I headed down to the Wyomissing tonight to run with the running club I belong to (Pagoda Pacers). The traffic was heavy and I hit almost all the lights on my drive down. I actually got there with a couple of minutes to spare. The run tonight had over 30 runners making there way around the area. It is always nice to see a lot of people showing up for club runs. I can't make them all but I try to get to a lot of them. Tonight the run went along busy roads, through the Holiday Lights at Gring's Mill, Penn State Berks campus and some shopping center parking lots. You know most everyone in there cars that we ran by were out fighting their way from store to store to get last minute shopping done. I'm so glad I was the one running tonight and not in my car being stressed out looking for gifts that are sold out.


12-22-2010 - 2.8 miles - 35:49 - walk
12-22-2010 - 5.35 miles - 45:00 - run

No comments:

Post a Comment