Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 20 - Almost full moon

Today’s walk at work my legs didn't feel the greatest but the time was as good as last week’s time when I felt great. Some days you don't feel the best but your time doesn't reflect it. You don't always feel the best in a race at different times and you will have your ups and downs and try to keep moving forward. Training when you don't want to helps push through times like this in a race.

Tonight’s run I really didn’t feel like going out but I couldn’t miss the almost full moon at the top of the mountain. Full moon is at at 3:13 a.m. Tuesday. I was slowly out the door around 6:50 but within the first half mile I was moving along well and felt good. The moon was in and out of the clouds my whole run. When it was out I didn’t even need a headlamp. If there would have been snow on the ground it would have looked like daytime. When I made it up to Pulpit Rock the wind was blowing. I got my camera out and got a couple of pictures after the clouds moved – not the best but they look all right. It is always fun trying to warm your fingers up after having them out of yours gloves for a couple of minutes in the cold. I put my camera away and ran back down. I hit the road section and saw some eyes staring at me about 50 yards ahead. I’m not sure what it was maybe a cat but I had to run by it. So I picked up the pace running towards the eyes and the eyes started to run away from me stopping to look back at me a couple of times until ducking in the trees. Then I took off in a full out sprint not sure why but I did and it was fun.





12-20-2010 - 2.8 miles - 35:48 - walk
12-20-2010 - 7 miles - 1:07 - run - 950 ft. elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment