Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 152 - Snake & Bat

Today I did the same run as yesterday - from home to the Pinnacle and back. Today is the second day in a row that I saw a snake. Today it was a copper head and I didn't have my camera. I guess I better start carrying a camera if I don't want to see any more snakes:-) When I got to the Pinnacle someone said watch out for the snake or snakes and I thought they said that just to be careful because they are in that area a lot. I said to them did you see any snakes today? The guy said yes right near where you just ran. All I can say is welcome back snakes it has been a quite winter without you - now lets just get along for the next couple of months;-)

A couple hours later I went for a hike and did my regular 5 mile loop. With only about a mile to go a bat flew over top of me. I kept an eye on it while it was flying in front of me. I kind of had a feeling it was going to be heading back my way. In about a minute the bat turned around and was coming right back in my direction. I had my video on my camera ready and it flew right over top of me and I could see it right above me on the video screen. Bad thing was I didn't push the button to record so I didn't get any video. Maybe next time. I had a good hike and my car was the only one in the parking lot.

5-1-2011 - 12 miles - 2:06 - run
5-1-2011 - 5 miles - 1:13 - fast hike

View from Pulpit Rock


View from Pulpit Rock


Hamburg Reservoir 


Hamburg Reservoir 




No comments:

Post a Comment