Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4 - Late night = not easy to wake up for me!

Today was one of those days I just didn't want to get up early because of a late night so I didn't. Loss of sleep and a lot of running usually means a cold and less training or no training and that is not an option.  You have to know your body and sleep is one thing you have to do with a lot of running to recover. I drank some some coffee and ate some cereal. Then I packed my backpack with some drinks and gels set my phone up to use the Cardio Trainer which eventually the battery died.  Luckily I had my Garmin 305 with for backup.  I finally made it out the door around 9:30 a.m.  At the start there were snow flurries, big clouds, wind and blue sky which stayed around for most of the run.  I really didn't know where to run today because of the hunters were taking over the mountain. So I wound up going down the road and headed into Kaercher Creek Park for a little over a mile and a half of fun on the grass and trail.  Then it was back on the road for around 8 miles.  After I thought about it for a while I decided to run up to Pulpit Rock.  Not the place I really wanted to run with all the hunters but I just love getting to the top of the mountain everyday if I can. There were a lot of hunters everywhere and I said hi to a lot of them and they were very friendly today.  The view was great from the top but no power in the phone means no pics.  But as my daughter says "Dad you have it stored up here." pointing at my head. :)  As I ran down to the bottom all of the hunters I talked to said they didn't even see a deer but you could tell they were out there doing what they enjoy to do.  I pulled out my watch and it said I would finish with 13 miles so added some extra distance and finished up with 15 miles for the day.


The family and I then headed out to the Nutcracker Ballet.  What a great thing to be a part of and the whole family was there to experience it from a different view.  This was my first time I ever remember being on a stage.  Everything went really well.  One more show tomorrow afternoon and we are finished.  Supper at Jake's Place in town for my wife's birthday with my parents followed by Home Alone 2.  Life is good!

12-4-2010 - 15 miles - 2:25 - run

Below are the pics from my run today.


Kaercher Creek Park
Heading to the top of that hill over there.

Into the great wide open
Looking at the mountains around Hamburg, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment