Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 6 - A good day for a double


  
Monday is back to work day most Mondays.  Today I was there for an hour and decided to take the rest of the day off and the boss was cool with it. My wife and I then got an early start on some shopping.  You know Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Michaels Crafts, Toys-R-Us and Walmart.  We finished a lot of our Christmas shopping and I even purchased a Under Armour Tactical HeatGear Hood for myself at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Tactical HeatGear Hood

After we got home I got my stuff ready for my run and left around 2:30. Up to Pulpit Rock I went and the snow flurries were falling again. On my way up I passed a couple guys that were out rock climbing near the reservoir.  I went up the road hill to the top and my legs felt good. Some times I go up the AT but not when they are hunting.  I got some pics and took the road back down and headed down Mountain Road with a real nice head wind. The Tactical HeadGear Hood and my hat worked great on this section for keeping the wind out of my ears.

The view from Pulpit Rock

The view from Pulpit Rock
This is the AT trail that goes west
after leaving Pulpit Rock.


I ran around town for a little and then went over to Kaercher Creek to do the loop in the woods.  Only saw one person walking in a distance.  Not to many people outside today.

Kaercher Creek upper trail
Kaercher Creek upper trail

Kaercher Creek
It was around 9 and it was still snowing outside and I felt like a kid itching to go out and play - so I did.  It was around 9:15 when I left the house for my second run of the day. I did one of my loops around town that is up, down and all around. No falls on the slick roads just a lot of fun. No one told me you can't run more the one time a day.  In this game of running sometimes you just have to make your own rules.  That is why I love this sport.  One day you can run a couple of miles and other days you can just run on forever.


12-6-2010 - 14.25 miles - 2:30 - run #1
12-6-2010 - 7 miles - 1:00 - run #2


Total = 21.25 miles - 3:30 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment