Thursday, May 28, 2015

TBT(August 2014) Some running and hiking with Karl and Lou - Karl Meltzer Day 23...I think; -)

Today I asked my dad to go for a 2 mile recovery hike to help stretch my legs after the Eastern States 100. When we got to the Hamburg Reservoir I looked over and there was van with a couple of people that looked like runners, Utah license plate and plastic containers with aid. Yes these things add up to Karl Meltzer Appalachian Trail speed attempt crew. His crew said I just missed Karl and Lou D'Onofrio. Lou is running/hiking a couple of days with Karl. James Brennan was also there running/crewing. I met James at the Labor Pain 12 hour in 2010. I said to the crew I will see them at Port Clinton. My dad and I did the hike. I went home changed into my running clothes, drove to Port Clinton, said hi to the crew and ran back to find Karl and Lou. I met them right where AT hits Port Clinton Ave. We chatted and ran back to their crew. They got some food, drink and we were off. We hiked, ran and chatted up until I had to head back down the mountain. Karl was looking very strong for day 23. I wound up hike/running 8 1/2 miles and my dad pick me up at the Shartlesville game land parking lot. What a day;-) Go Karl!!!



                                #letsgohoka #hokaoneone #keepmovingforward









No comments:

Post a Comment