Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 133 - Dreadmill run

Today I was going to take the day off but then I read a post by my friend Ken. It gave me a push to run and I thought I would try the treadmill. I started with 5mph at a 10% grade for maybe 10 or 15 min. Then went up to 5.5, 6 and finished the last 5 min. at 7 mph all with the grade staying at 10%. For some reason it went good. I was looking at the"red" stop button and the "green" go button to start or stop the treadmill and it got me thinking. The more you stare at the red button the more you want to stop it. Just like the discomfort in a race the more you focus on it the more you want to stop. But if you can find a way to focus on something else and keep looking for the green button you can go a little further.

4-12-2011 - 4.25 miles - 45 min - run

No comments:

Post a Comment